October 2010

After being waitlisted to Tuck and NYU’s diversity conferences I was happy to see an email come through my inbox with the subject line: JMB 2010 Congratulations. The day that it came wasn’t a shock to me because I on their website they said that they would be sending out notifications that day. So of course, I was watching my GMAIL inbox like a hawk while at work. At 5:26pm I refreshed my email and saw the congratulatory email. It was phenomenal to finally have an acceptance to SOMETHING! Leading up to that point I was just praying to god to just give me at least 1 acceptance. I still hadn’t heard back from NYU yet and their conference was the following Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Tuck’s conference wasn’t until the 2nd week in November and this was still mid-October, so I knew I had time before I would hear back.

Upon reading the Cornell email, I immediately texted my friend Jessica who was on a 3 business school tour. My friend took off work and was traveling around the country visiting different schools. My text said "Omg Omg Check Your Email!" I knew she was driving but she was able to get her email via her phone. So her response back was "YES!! ROADTRIP!" She had also applied to the same diversity conference so we were planning to ride up together.

What was cool about this is that Cornell would have students host you (most schools do that anyway), but they would also reimburse us up to $200 for travel! For me, being broke at this point and so close to R1 deadlines it was great to hear that. It wouldn’t cost me more than $200 to get to Ithaca and back from NYC so I knew I had my costs covered. I was beginning to feel the money pinch. I was really struggling. That acceptance just rejuvenated me!

The following day was like deja-vu in that around 4pm I refreshed my GMAIL and I saw an email from NYU with the subject line: You’re Invited: Discover Stern – Please Respond. I smiled and said "YES!!!" to myself again. Then of course I immediately

texted Jessica who was also accepted!

The NYU conference was to be the following week and luckily I had already told work that I would be taking those days off, albeit preemptively. I figured it would be easier to notify them that I would need those days off ahead of time and then let them know down the road that I wouldn’t need those days off. I was excited for Stern’s event because I didn’t have to worry about lodging or transportation. I had my monthly Metrocard and would just take the subway a couple stops in the opposite direction from my work. 

Getting this schedule of events was great but I also knew that week would be incredibly hectic for me. Up until this point I have been talking a lot about the application process itself but all the while this was going on, I was still working full time, 9-6. On the Monday of the NYU conference, I attended a conference at the Javitz center for work. I was actually there Monday – Tuesday – Wednesday. Thursday I went to work but had to leave at 4pm to go to the start of the NYU conference at 5pm.

At one point during the conference for work, I was waiting for a panel session to start and I knew that I had 15 minutes free so I decided to work on my essays right there in the conference hall. I was working on one of the essays for Cornell.

The following day, I went to work but then was able to leave early to go to the NYU Diversity conference. I got to the Kaufman building around 4:30. Upon picking up my name badge I was told that I look familiar, by someone from NYU. I said "yeah I've been here last year for a marketing event." They said, "Oh yeah.. and your last name is unforgettable." I smiled and thought to myself "Thanks mom and dad!" If you don't know, my last name is Battle-Baxter. Battle is my mom’s last name and Baxter is my dad’s last name.

Anyway, upon arriving I was escorted into a reception area with soda, coffee, and some snacks. I met a couple of cool people. You know how that goes. Initially everyone is standing in a small group of 3/4 asking the standard questions - "What do you
do?" "Where are you from?" "What other schools are you looking at?" Just have these answers ready because you will be asked them by other prospectives at every event you attend.

So then after the little hour-long reception we went upstairs to the 11th floor and sat at tables for an introductory speech to the weekend. I noticed that there were about 100 prospective students there. So after that speech it was time for ice-breakers. It was similar to musical chairs in that each table was given a scenario ie. "You are the owner of a restaurant and have to come up with a dish that represents NYU." or "You are an olympic planning committee and you are to come up with a city and new sport for the next olympics!" The games were fun and interactive and allowed us to meet a whole bunch of people we probably wouldn't have met otherwise.

Then after the icebreakers it was DINNER TIME! Dinner was only across the hall but it was a complete 180 from where we were previously. It was as if we were at a 5 star restaurant! I sat at a table with my friend Jessica and we had two current students sit with us, as well as the director of admissions, Issor Gallagay.

One of the best parts of dinner was listening to the Dean speak. Being a minority himself, he could really relate to the positions that we were all in. If I tried to begin to mention all of the accolades of this Dean, I would write a 9 page book. The dinner conversation was great. It's always nice to hear from current students, but this time it was different. I think maybe because we were sitting at the table for so long and the personalities of the two current students assigned to our table, we got a lot of great insight into the Stern experience.

After dinner we were lead downstairs into the basement for Beer Blast, which was dubbed Sangria Blast for the evening. From what I understood at that juncture that event occurs every Thursday and is open to all Sternies. I saw a couple of my friends who go to Stern and talked to them for a bit.

A coincidental thing happened though, which in hindsight is not too surprising considering my past experiences. So one of the students who was sitting at my table saw me at Beer blast and told me to come find her after I got my drink. So I did, and she introduced me to the two people she was talking too. One of the guys told me who he used to work for and I'm like... Oh did you work in Ohio? He said yes. So I asked "do you know (HBS kid I had coffee with) and (My friend who got off the waitlist at Duke the day before orientation)?" He's like "oh I love (HBS kid) and yes I know (Duke kid) and (Current student sitting at my table) knows him too!" I thought that was weird so I turned to her and said, "How do you know (Duke kid)?" She said "I grew up with him!" I thought that was weird because I grew up with him as well. He and I played soccer together since we were very young and even been on vacation together yet, I had never met her. So I said, did you live in Old Bridge? And she said "No... our parents grew up together in so we've know each other forever!" I was like "wow... what a small world?” I realized then, that business school was a really small world.

The next day the first item on the agenda was breakfast! You know I love me some free food! I got to the Kaufman building and went into the reception area. I said hi to a

couple of newly found friends and got my food and sat with three other prospective students and chatted with someone on the admissions committee. It was very informal even though we were all dressed formally for the AHBBS conference later. The conversation with the admissions officer wasn't all about school and such, but it was also about life in general. Each one of the admissions staff was very nice and hospitable. I also realized that they are "regular" people who just happen to hold people's fates in their hands!

In any event, after the breakfast it was time to go to a mock class. We were split into two groups. Group A (my group) attended a mock economics class and Group B (not my group) attended a management class. Sidenote - economics is called Firms & Markets at Stern. So the professor was Professor Askor and yeah the list of his credentials is very long! Being an economics major in college I was excited for this class.

NYU Diversity Conference Day 3 started off with breakfast again.

This time we were upstairs on the 5th floor sitting at tables and not in the reception area downstairs. I got there around 9:30am and talked with people until about 10 when the event was to start. After breakfast there was an informal speaker just about things to get involved in at Stern and the student life. This was for about an hour.

Then we went upstairs and sat in groups of 4/5 with a current student to go over our 60 second pitches! Now this was incredibly helpful! It's amazing how people interpret what your saying in a completely different way from what you originally intended! I definitely need to practice my 60 second pitch. Basically what you want to get across is:

Where you want to be -> what you've been doing up until now/background -> How an MBA will get you to where you want to be. Someone in the group would go and then the rest of us would make comments and so on and so forth.

After the 60 second pitch practice was the mock admissions committee. This was very interesting... So all 80/90 or so of us sat in a classroom with a mock application in front of us. Upon reading the application we were to vote on whether we would Interview - Waitlist - Deny the candidate. In the packet they gave us the following:

- Mean gpa/gmat scores for Stern Class of 2011 - "her" resume
- "her" transcript
- "her" 2 letters of recommendations

- "her" 2 essays

Initially the majority of the class (myself included) voted to interview her. I read the application wanting to know more about the candidate. So then we all started commenting on the pro's and con's of the application. Just picture 40 people raising their hands emphatically tearing about this "poor girls" application. Then picture 40 people raising their hands to defend the application. Great points were brought up by both groups by the end of the sessions more people had switched their votes to waitlist this candidate. I kept my vote the same because I still wanted to know more.

It was an eye opening experience to hear people's comments about what some would

consider minor things in an application. I definitely took notes because I wanted to keep things in mind for my application. A couple of comments made me say "damn that was harsh" but I realized that everyone has a different perspective.

After this mock admissions committee it was lunch time with a Stern Alum! I ended up sitting at a table with someone I've met before. I met him the prior year at a Stern LGBT Reception. So this was the last part of the Diversity conference but AHBBS was coordinating a night out at Tillmans on 26th street. So as all of us prospectives were saying goodbye to one another we kept asking each other if we would see each other later that night at Tillmans. So I went home... took a nap...took a shower... and then went down to meet everyone.

I will leave the rest of the nights events up to the imagination, but let's just say that there was a lot of Facebooking w/ current and prospective students and picture taking! It was a blast!

One particularly funny thing happened though. So one of the kids that was sitting at my table the day before at lunch is now a friend of mine and when I was adding him to Facebook we saw that we had a friend in common. The friend we have in common is the girl that I met and talked to in the train station at Yale back in

February! Remember? Which is also the day when I met my two friends at
Ross! Apparently they went to high school together in DC! Another example of how small the MBA world would be. Another person he always went to school with was one of my co-workers!

I started taking the crosstown bus to and from work because I would have more time to study for the GMAT. It was about a 25-minute ride and I would have time to do Sentence Correction. I was definitely THAT guy doing GMAT prep on the bus. I figured that if I got to business school then in 15 years I would be doing work in the back of a Maybach. I went to work a couple hours early for a couple of days because the Reaching Out conference in LA was coming up soon. One day after work, I hopped on the subway and headed down towards WTC to go to the Goldman Sachs building where UC Berkeley Haas was having their information session. I left the info session a bit early because the representative was talking about scoring in range on the GMAT. The range is 680-760 and I thought to myself "well.. sitting here will not help me score in range so let me go home and study..." So I hopped back on the subway to head home and do more sentence correction problems.

I had been out of the sentence correction game for a while and was just getting back into it. That night I did all of the SC's in the purple OG review guide. Out of the 113 problems I got 27 wrong. I was surprised I still knew a lot of information. I did see a trend in what I was missing so I knew how to hone in on those topics.

After I finished studying I started packing for the Reaching Out conference. The conference is mainly for MBA students and professionals, but there are about 20 pre- mba students (myself included) who will also be in attendance. A great thing about the conference is that it's mainly organized by 2nd year MBA students. I've met a handful of them. Two were 2nd year Tuckies, one of whom I met when I visited in March. The other one I was introduced to a couple weeks ago by the Tuckie whose going away (from NYC) party I attended. Another organizer was the gentleman that I reached out too who goes to Cornell. 

They suggested that the pre-mba students get together before the reception tomorrow at 8, so I sent an email to all of the pre-mba's to see if they wanted to meet up for dinner. I would be arriving at the hotel around 1 and would then check into the room and study a bit. I had a whole host of homework to get done for my tutor, and I know that later in the day I won't be able too. From 4-6 I would be volunteering which may entail helping to set up... or helping to register folks in. There are two reasons I chose to volunteer. The first reason is because I figured it would be a good networking opportunity before the conference officially starts. The second reason is because instead of the $99 registration fee the fee for volunteers is $75.

The conference was a blast! I got to meet a lot of current students especially at the schools that I would be applying too. I became really good friends with the other pre- MBA students and also some other current students. It was amazing to see MBA students in THEIR element.

A week after the conference I was really beginning to ramp up my studying as my GMAT test date was fast approaching, my interview up at Dartmouth was coming up and my trip up to Cornell was also fast approaching. My schedule for the upcoming week was as follows:

Monday – GMAT, then drive up to Dartmouth with an 11pm arrival.
Tuesday – Dartmouth self-initiated interview/ class visit/ campus tour. I had been asking friends who had already interviewed if it was very laid back and they said that it was. Wednesday – I had to be at the Cornell Club in Midtown Manhattan to hop on the Cornell Campus 2 Campus bus for Johnson Means Business a day early. The event started early in the morning on Thursday, so I figured it would be better to get there the night before. I would be hosted with a current student, who ironically I met when I was out in California for the Reaching Out Conference.
Thursday - Johnson Means Business
Friday - Johnson means Business
Saturday - Johnson Means Business, and then I would take the greyhound bus to NYC at 5:30. So I would get home around 11pm and probably just pass out. Halloween in NYC is a very hectic time and I was just planning to go to sleep. I had too many things to focus on than getting dressed up on Halloween.
Sunday – I had to start packing up my room because I was moving back to New Jersey. My roommate hadn’t renewed the lease, although he told me that he had, and it was up at the end of the October. So yeah, that definitely through a wrench into my plans.

So on that Monday, prior to me heading up to Hanover, NH for my interview, I took the GMAT for the 2nd time. I did a great job in fooling my friends into thinking that my GMAT date was different from when it actually was. When I took it the 2nd time, I scored a 620. Some people (not people who are in schools I wanted to be in) were saying that they would kill for a 620. I was thinking, "I want to die because of the 620!" Going into it the 2nd time I felt well prepared. This time around I didn't put much thought or time into my two essays, so I wouldn't be surprised if I got a 4 or 4.5. I think I spent 20 minutes on each essay. I ended up getting a 6 (out of 6) during my first GMAT on the AWA portion so I figured that I would try to save some mental energy and cut 10 minutes off of each section so that I could start the “real” GMAT 20 minutes early.

The essays are not what threw me off. The first two quant problems put me off kilter. I

don't even remember what the first one was, but I do remember guessing. Then I got the second one which was a very easy conversion problem and I didn't that one correct either. Some people may be asking, "How do you know if you got them correct?" Well if I got them correct, then they can be marked off as lucky guesses because that's exactly what I did. Then I just felt dumb for the next couple of questions until I got into my groove.

Needless to say the GMAT saga was not over and I plan to take my next and last attempt as soon as possible. I just physically couldn’t study for another 2/3 months. My brain couldn’t take any more. Every single day for a year I had been thinking about the exam and it was just very draining. One can only take the GMAT once every 30 days, so I knew that I would be cutting it close to application deadlines by retaking it in the beginning of December.

I realized that I would have to do what I wanted to avoid, which was study while finalizing my essays. My application deadline had moved to the Consortium R2 deadline which was January 5th, 2011. I had to get my applications in by January 5th so I knew that it would be a very lonely holiday season because I would need to really focus on studying and writing essays. When I thought back to my actual performance on the 2nd attempt, I was thankful that I at least improved by 40 points and that I was closer to the 80% range that I needed.

The thing that had changed in going for my 3rd attempt was that I had exhausted all of my practice exams. I also didn’t think that I needed to waste 3 hours in a day taking practice exams as timing for me was not the issue. It was content. I think I simply missed my peak this time around. I need to peak the day of my exam and I overshot it by a couple of weeks. It was also probably due to all of the other stuff that I had going on – conferences, work, studying etc etc. This is around the time that I really got hard on myself and decided to not make excuses. I know what I needed to do and figured that at this juncture I didn’t have anything to lose. Walking into the exam I thought the lower I would score was a 640 and I literally hung my head down in shame when I saw a 620. I remember going into the bathroom at the testing center and letting out a couple of curse words and punched myself in my face.

I couldn’t dwell on the score too long because remember, I had to head up to Hanover for my interview. It was a long depressing drive because of what had just happened. I checked into the hotel and started preparing for my interview. The next day, I arrived at Tuck about 30 minutes before my the class visit/campus tour began and couldn't find parking right near campus but luckily I had given myself enough time to figure out where to park. So I drove to the parking lot and waited for the campus shuttle to arrive.

I went into the admissions reception area and waited. I wanted to sit in the same seat that I sat in the last time I visited, but had no such luck. That spot was taken! The atmosphere was much different from the 1st time I visited. When I visited in March there were not as many applicants doing their interviews, which makes sense since it was R4 when I visited last. I would say there were about 12 of us in the reception area. Some people in the group already had their interviews for the day but most of us had later interviews.

The first item on the agenda was a class visit. I sat in a Leading Organizations class, which was very insightful. It was a T'12 (first year) class. This class session went over

organizational hierarchy and when one would know that it's not functioning properly and how to remedy the issue. Of course there's more to it but I was too busy observing the students. Different from the last class visit, these students didn't have their laptops open. I guess you don't really need a laptop open when discussing organizational hierarchy, whereas the last time I sat in on an accounting class and I guess students kind of need their spreadsheets on hand.

In any event, after the class visit it was lunch with a student time. We didn't sit in the main section of Bryne hall but we sat in the Executive section, which is an offshoot from Bryne hall. Sandwiches, brownies, cookies, chips, and soda are things we ate. While sitting here with the student I only asked one question and let the other folks get their questions in. The question I had pertained to something that I heard from an admissions officer at the Tuck Reception back in September. The element I speak of is becoming a larger part of my "Why Tuck" answers, and I wanted to get some clarification from the student about it. I do remember a prospective student asking this really really random question to one of the current students. He ended up at school with my at Johnson as an AMBA (1 year student).

After lunch with a student it was time for the Campus tour. Nothing new for me here... it's still the same campus! Our student guide who is a T'11 (meaning he will graduate in 2011) was more than willing to offer any information about Tuck that he could. He exuded campus pride and it was obvious that he loved being there....Classroom.... Classroom.... Student Residences...gym.....dining hall... etc etc like I said... Same buildings that I had seen before.

So then after that was the Admissions Q&A... I could only stay for this section for about 10 minutes because I wanted to go back to the reception area to look over my resume again before my interview. I knew going into it that the interviewer would have only seen my resume, so I made sure that I knew it back and forth.

The interview itself was very conversational and I didn't feel nervous at all. I got tripped up on one thing because I had never been asked it before so I didn't have an example readily available. All in All I give my interview an A, but then again from what I heard all of the prospectives students who interviewed today would probably give themselves the same grade!

Then I had about 3 hours to kill before meeting with another Tuckie whom I met last year and have also kept in contact with.

So then I went back to campus to meet up with my friend in the dining hall. We met at 6 in Stell hall and then walked over for coffee. We talked about everything under the
sun. His internship... my application process... his living situation.... etc etc blah blah... Then about 45 minutes into it another Tuckie whom I've only spoken to on the phone about digital marketing showed up and sat with us. It was nice to meet her in person and her and my friend is a good friend on campus. We talked for another 30 minutes and then he had to go to class and I had to hit the road to come back to good ol'e Manhattan.

On the eve of the beginning to Johnson Means Business for Cornell’s diversity conference, I received an email from Duke that I’ve been waitlisted to their diversity conference. Now this one is not surprising to me because I submitted the application at

the very last minute because I was debating on whether or not to go ahead and try to attend, but then I figured “What the heck?!”

I wasn’t surprised or disappointed by any means. The diversity weekend was the same weekend that I would be out visiting the Ross School of Business at Michigan University, for their LGBT preview day, so yeah I wouldn’t be able to attend the Duke conference anyway. It’s tough / interesting figuring out how to prioritize/navigate all of these events and conferences albeit fun. No different from how I imagined it would be in business school when one needs to prioritize everything!

The next day I went to the Cornell club to get on the Campus 2 Campus bus. It’s a luxury coach bus with tables, wifi, snacks, coffee... etc that goes from the Cornell Club in NYC straight to the Cornell campus in Ithaca. The next day we would have a full day filled with class visits, an introduction dinner. I wasn’t aware of Sage Social at that point but like Beer Blast at Stern, Sage Social happened on Thursday’s and was a time for the students to decompress from the week. When I was on the C2C bus I could definitely tell who else on the bus was applying to business school. Many of us were actually working on our business school essays. I wasn’t working on my essays but rather sending thank you letters to folks that I had been holding off from sending due to my GMAT study prep.

Speaking of GMAT prep, I had been working with my tutor for quite some time now and I know he was a little heartbroken that I hadn’t crushed the GMAT. So I had him write a blog post for me just to give people a sense for how much I had been doing. The post was titled, “How to frustrate and impress your GMAT tutor.”

I’m a full-time GMAT tutor who tends to attract the obsessive “hard cases” of the GMAT world. Earlier this year, I worked with a student who has spent seven years studying for the GMAT, and she’s taken the exam nine times. Nearly all of my students have taken the GMAT at least twice before contacting me, and close to half of my students have taken two prep courses or more. So in one sense or another, almost all of my GMAT students are – and I mean this in an absolutely loving way—totally obsessed weirdoes with unbelievable work ethics.

But Money 9111? Special. Very special.

First of all, I don’t think he ever sleeps. He sends me ellipse-filled emails at all hours of the night. (We actually started working together because of our shared love of ellipses. No, really...) He’s often exhausted when he comes to tutoring sessions.

OK, I just made up the part about boiled cabbage. That’s not really true.

In all seriousness, Money 9111 is a smart, likable guy who hasn’t had an easy time with the GMAT... as you can probably tell from his blog. For some people, filling in little bubbles comes naturally. Unfortunately, Money 9111 is not one of those people.

Before I continue, let me crap on the GMAT a little bit. The GMAT is an outstanding measure of your ability to fill in little bubbles while sitting in a windowless room. It’s a solid measure of your ability to read useless garbage while paying mind-numbingly literal attention to useless details. And it’s a pretty good measure of your ability to use 9th- grade math to solve bizarre, useless math problems. 

Other than that? I’m not sure that it tells us much.

After almost a decade in the test-prep world, I can tell you that GMAT scores don’t always tell us what we think they tell us. One of the most competent, capable, intelligent students I’ve ever met scored in the 400s on most of her practice tests, and she was flabbergasted to pull a 570 out of her butt on test day; I’m convinced that she’ll be a CEO someday, and some lucky firm will be blessed to have her. One of my highest-scoring students of all time was a smelly nimrod with the emotional intelligence of a stoned, drunk, slightly rabid raccoon. He scored over 750 on the GMAT, and nobody in their right minds should hire him to work with other human beings.

So yeah, good luck interpreting GMAT scores.

The way I see it, the best business leaders are usually what I call “grinders”: they may or may not be naturally brilliant at filling in little bubbles, but they’ll work like hell to achieve their goals. If I were the emperor of a top business school, I would reject all of the lazy smart people who love filling in little bubbles and can get a 750+ without trying (oh shit, that’s me), and I would fill the program with savvy, likable grinders who work their nuts off. The most successful people might not always be booksmart, but they’re usually tough as nails, in some sense or another.

Money 9111 might not look like a badass, but he’s definitely one of those guys who has that “grinder” mentality—he’ll achieve his goals one way or another, and he’s exactly the kind of character you would want in your company or at your MBA program. As I’ve watched him duke it out with the GMAT over the past several months, I’ve become increasingly convinced that he’ll do whatever it takes to kick ass... and he really doesn’t care if he suffers mightily along the way.

And the GMAT is definitely making him suffer. Money 9111 has more GMAT books than his GMAT tutor does. He has GMAT SC idioms written all over his walls. He’s been studying daily for six months. And tons of things still don’t come easily for him. He’s naturally sloppy with his algebra and arithmetic. He usually can’t resist the urge to skim RC and CR passages, which means that he’ll randomly miss easy shit on verbal, especially if he’s sleep-deprived. Number properties and inequalities make him

crazy. This GMAT thing must be his own personal hell.

And you know what? He keeps showing up for GMAT tutoring, he keeps studying until the wee hours of the morning, and he’ll do the same problem set four times in a row if he thinks it will help him get a better score. The poor man has done my evil number properties set more times than we can count. And he still screws up pieces of it. And then he does the problem set again, hoping that the breakthroughs will finally

come. Sure, sometimes they do come... but usually only after an inhuman amount of effort.

But trust me on this: Money 9111 will finally give the GMAT a good, hard kick to the nuts before he’s done. He scored a 36 on quant back in May, and he’s consistently in the low-to-mid 40s on his practice tests now... and I don’t think that he’s really hit his peak yet. He’s done a ridiculous quantity of RC and CR questions, and I see signs that he’s finally starting to break through—the mind-numbing “literalness” of the GMAT verbal is actually making sense to him now. That dream of a 40+ verbal score isn’t far out of

reach anymore.

As Money 9111 grinds his way to GMAT glory, his life will continue to be thoroughly unglamorous. Part of his homework is a daily regimen that includes a huge number of CR and RC questions, a smaller dose of SC questions, and a big fat wad of math problems. His CR and RC seems to suffer when he’s sleep-deprived, so I’ll keep making him turn in a “sleep log” every week—if he doesn’t get at least 50 hours of sleep every week, I’ll throw a tantrum. And if I’m feeling really mean, I’ll steal his cigarettes as punishment.

Money 9111’s next test day is coming soon, and I’m not going to even try to predict his next GMAT score. But I’m convinced that he’ll get into a badass b-school somehow, even if he doesn’t beat the tar out of the GMAT on his next attempt. One of the top MBA programs will figure out that Money 9111 is one of those “grinders” who will—some way or another—manage to get some serious shit done in the business world, even if he has to pull a lifetime of all-nighters to get it all done.

If nothing else, you have to give the man huge props for his work ethic. By the time he’s finished, Money 9111 might spend more than a thousand hours working on the GMAT and his applications. And he’ll probably never even complain about all of that work...

JMB was an incredible event and that’s when I fell in love with Johnson although I didn’t quite know it to be honest. Hindsight is 20/20 as people say, but you’ll hear more about that shortly.